Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Galatians

Do you have a tendency to keep trying and trying to do everything right? Do you feel the need to look good and be perfect? Do you feel the need to impress others, or even God?If you're not sure what to read in the Bible, the book of Galatians is so refreshing and will bring new light to your faith.
I've been a christian all my life, and after re-reading this book of the Bible, I just feel like I'm beginning to truly understand the power of Christ's love for us. I always knew that I couldn't save myself or impress God, but part of me thought that I should still try. This book will show you how to live in freedom from yourself and not in slavery to a law that God knows we can't keep.
Here are just a few of Paul's words:
3:3 After starting your Christian lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?
3:11 So it is clear that no one can be made right with God by trying to keep the law. It is through faith that a righteous person has life."
In John, Jesus hammers this truth home. In John 6:28 the disciples ask Jesus " what should we do?"
Verse 29 "Jesus told them, "This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent."

My pastor says that believing is a full time job. Its so tempting to think that we have to makes ourselves right. We can't. This book of the Bible will help you to realize the futilty of trying and give you freedom to serve God out of love, not duty. (The pictured book is not what I read. I did use a study book, but the Bible is all you need.)

No comments:

Post a Comment