Sunday, June 13, 2010

Waiting on God

There is nothing I hate more than waiting. I must do something! I am plagued by my multi-tasking nature that must feel productive. I try to "help" God be productive in my life too. What I didn't realize, was that my self effort was really hindering His desire to bless me. Andrew Murray is a classic author and in this book he uses very short (3 page) chapters to help us learn how to wait on God. There are 31 short chapters. This paperback book will only cost about $6. Here are some of his words:
"Just as much as it was God's work to create, it is His work to maintain. As little as man could create himself, is he left to provide for himself."

"If we only saw our God in His love, if we only believed that He waits to be gracious, that He waits to be our life and to work all in us- how this waiting on God would become our highest joy..."


"Waiting on God, unceasing and entire dependence upon Him is our only wisdom."


Don't be surprised when this small, pocket sized book leaves a huge mark in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment