Monday, June 7, 2010

Walking with God

Do you have trouble listening? You've probably noticed that I do. I suck at listening, especially to God. This book helped me tune in and realize that He will speak and guide me...
John Eldredge shares this prayer that I think sums up the book:
"Jesus, forgive me. I ask your forgiveness of this deep commitment to make life work on my own-for all my striving and pushing and for all the unbelief that propels me. Forgive me. And I ask you to heal me of this. Heal the places in my soul that have so long felt alone, felt that life was up to me."
If you need freedom from yourself and a clear grasp of the Loving One that is in control and how to follow Him, this book will get you back in step with God for sure.

1 comment:

  1. How funny, Stace! i just reformatted my blog with this same background :)And I also finally started reading that Max Lucado book you gave me at Christmas -- it's awesome, I love it!

    ReplyDelete