Sunday, July 25, 2010

Cliffhanging

I've decided to take a break from recommending books, because the ones I've already mentioned are really at the top of the list, so you should check those out again. I thought I'd just relate some stories for a while. Stories from books that have really spoken to me. I'll call this one "the cliffhanger."

"Help!" The man cried as he dangled helplessly from the edge of a cliff. "Can anyone up there help me?"
"Yes," answered a heavenly voice, "I'll help you. But first you must let go."
"Let go!" gasped the man. "But then I'd fall!"
"I'll catch you," replied the voice.
There was a long pause, then the man cried out, "Can anyone else up there help me?"

If we want Christ to save us, then we must let go of the idea that we can save ourselves, even a little.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right, Stacy. A constant but necessary battle is learning the 'art' of how to let go. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete